This mountain chapel is the oldest building of the small farming village of Erosen. The chapel was built in 1492 in the center of Arosa and was dedicated to St. Barbara and St. Jodokus. Well know is also the chapel, built in 1750. The building still retains its original appearance. Since 1974 it has been…
This richly decorated house was built in 1913 following the typical Engadine style. The house was for many years an annex of the Institute of the Alps and was later converted into a hotel.
The village is made up of seven buildings, including a copy of Heidi’s home, a sawmill, a farm, the town hall and other typical buildings. Around 1880, Johanna Spyri was inspired to write Heidi’s story after visiting a place like this.
This Engadine patrician house was built in 1647. According to legend, this building was in the past employed as a convent.
This cable car system comprising two separate sections reaches a total length of 4500 meters. The total difference in level is 1433 meters and provides summer access to the ski resorts on the ski resorts on the Corvatsch in Engadine.
Famous Olympic track in St. Moritz where, in addition to national and international championships in bobsleigh, skeleton and luge racing championships are held at a national and sometimes even international level.
The tower was constructed in 1139 and in two successive stages was raised to reach 25 meteres. The property situated on a slow moving ground has an inclination of 10 degrees to the vertical and has become the symbol of well known St. Moritz.
Since the mid 9th century a building has been present on this land. In the sixteenth century a royal resthouse was then constructed which has fortunately maintained its beauty until today.
The typical Grisons holiday house is a massive stone building with a large roof, small windows and a large entrance door as usually two families lived under one roof. The window frames, arches and corners of the doors of the building are decorated with so called “graffiti”, consisting of floral, geometric of heraldic ornamental shapes.…
This church was restored to its original beauty during the 15th century. Two of its main characteristics are the choir, which reaches the same length of the church itself, and the leaning arch. The painting of its walls was done following five distinct stages.