This building, constructed in late baroque style, with its external double stairs, was erected between 1792 and 1795, according to the plans drawn by Niklaus Emanuel Ringier. The pieces of furniture furnishing the building are in Louis XVI style and the stucco ceilings have been realized by Franz Georg Rust.
This building was erected around 1770. Since 1949 the mansion has been put under the protection of a preservation order. In 1863 the palace was acquired by the Bank of Zofingen and, after 1935, it has become the property of the Swiss Bank Corporation (then merged together with UBS).
This castle is the oldest building in Aarau. It was in fact built during the 12th century. It includes a museum of furnishings with pieces from 1550 to 1850.
The barons of Hallwil were first mentioned in 1113. The castle in the Aargovian Seetal was gradually erected, through several intermediate phases, between the 11th and 13th century. The castle has remained a private property until 1925, when it was inherited by a foundation trust.
These farms, rich of fields and pastures due to the large spaces on the hills of this region of Switzerland include the family home, a barn and a stable for the large herds of cows and horses.
The town of Bremgarten was founded by the Muri Monastery in the 11th century. The Reuss river flows freely on three sides of the town. During its turbulent history, Bremgarten was frequently submitted by enemies coming from foreign countries and there have been few occasions in which it was actually free. The town was first…