The Federal Parliament in Bern is the official seat of the Swiss Government. Under the central dome, in two separate rooms, is the home of both National Council with 200 members and the State Council «Ständerat» with 46 members.  The western part of the building was built between 1852 and 1857, followed by the eastern part between 1888 and 1892 and finally the central dome from 1892 to 1902.