The town hall in Schwyz presents various styles, dating back to different periods in Swiss history. Nevertheless, in this building all of these styles coexist side by side in a very harmonious way. The town hall was erected in the second half of the 17th century.
This special museum, which was meant to preserve the Archives of the Swiss Confederation, was built in 1936 by the Canton of Schwyz with the help of the entire Confederation. Besides the founding Chart of the confederation, which dates back to 1291, many other important records, treaties and documents are kept in the exhibition room,…
This house, which dates back to 1761, is the oldest building that has remained in Goldau. Fortunately this ancient farm survived the terrible mountain slide that fell in 1860. Nowadays this structure has been transformed into a well-known restaurant.
This ferry runs between the towns of Beckenried (canton of Nidwalden) and Gersau (Canton Schwyz), both located on the shores of Lake Lucerne, transporting vehicles, particularly cars and vans.