ICRC (Red Cross) headquarters

Originally built in 1872 as the international reform school “La Châtelaine”, it was later used from 1917 to 1918 as a shelter for young French and Belgian victims of the First World War. In 1924 it was converted into the renowned Geneva Carlton Hotel. In 1941 it was transformed by the Swiss Red Cross into…

Saint Pierre cathedral

The erection of the Romanesque Cathedral was begun around 1150. As a consequence of the Reformation of 1535, the interior of the church was completely transformed. The restructuring of this architectural jewel was realised following ancient plans and views portraying the building.