The wooden bridge and the stone tower were built around 1300. The bridge once reached a total length of 285m but was reduced to 200m after works to widen the river banks. The wood panels that decorate and adorn the bridge were installed in 1614. The bridge was almost entirely destroyed by fire on 18.08.1993 but was quickly restored and reopened on 14.04.1994. Balthasar House is also known as Leszinski House.