• 97 (8)

  • 97 (7)

  • 97 (6)

  • 97 (5)

  • 97 (4)

  • 97 (3)

  • 97 (2)

  • 97 (1)

The castle was the residence of the Berner bailiffs from 1416 to 1798. It was then conquered by what is nowadays the canton Aargau. After 1893 it became an approved reformatory. The castle was first mentioned in 1123, a period in which the Frohburger family still lived there.