The miniature Titanic is 25 times smaller than the real world and has a value of several thousand francs. The plaster model was produced in France and hand painted.
The first William Tell monument was brought to Altdorf in 1860 by the people of Uri during a Federal Shooting Meeting. The monument that can be seen today at Altdorf was inaugurated in 1895 and is guarded by an old fire watch tower know as Turmli.
Dazio Grande is a massive ancient building which dates back to the 16th Century and stands at the southern side of the St. Gotthard pass. In the past the building was use of as a customs check-point and as a resting place for travellers and horses. It remained in operation until the birth of the…
Trip by Rotair between Stand (2450 m) and Titlis (3020 m) on the world’s first rotating cable car. The cable car was opened in 1992 and during the five minute long journey over the imposing Titlis Glacier the cabin completes a total turn around on its own axis.
The Rega Air Rescue Unit of Erstfeld was built in 1991 near the A2 motorway. Before that the emergency teams used a small hangar. Every year professional pilots, rescue assistants and in-flight doctors complete about 650 rescue missions
Saas-Fee Church lays at the foot of the Mischabels massif about 1800m above sea level and is the starting point for many famous mountain excursions.
After the construction of the first part between Mannlichen and Wengen, the cable car from Grindelwald (Grund) to Mannlichen was opened on 23th December 1978. In just five minutes the cable car reaches the station of Mannlichen (2222 m) with a total climb of 930 meters. It is the longest cable car in the world…
The house in which the Russian General Suvorov stayed during his crossing of the Alps is now a museum that recounts his history.
Twice a year on 12 th -13 th March and 1 st -2 nd October in fine weather the sun’s rays pass through the 9m wide and 16m high fault in the Tschingerlhorner rocks lighting up the bell of Elm.
Stockalper Castle, which took its name from its conqueror Kaspar Stockalper, is the biggest castle in Switzerland which did not belong to the nobility. The castle was in fact built in the 17th century by a family of merchants.
These monuments are dedicated to the those who fell in the battle of 25th September 1799, in which the Russian Army of General Suvorov fought against Napoleon’s troops in the Schollenen River Gorge.
The impressive journey by the cable situated on the northern slopes of the St. Gotthard massif reaches Gemsstock above the Gurschen Glacier with a total difference in level of over 1500 meters.