This richly decorated house was built in 1913 following the typical Engadine style. The house was for many years an annex of the Institute of the Alps and was later converted into a hotel.
The village is made up of seven buildings, including a copy of Heidi’s home, a sawmill, a farm, the town hall and other typical buildings. Around 1880, Johanna Spyri was inspired to write Heidi’s story after visiting a place like this.
An alpine hut renovated with funding form the Swiss Mountain Aid now used to make cheese.
Werdenberg is a small village nestled in the Rhine valley. The houses are mostly made of wood, richly decorated and closely reflect the typical taste of St. Gallen construction.
Friedrich Knie, founder of the Knie dynasty and son of empress Maria Teresa is physician, was born in Erfurt (Germany) in 1784. In 1803 at the age of 19, he founded at an equestrian association. In 1919 the fourth generation of the Knie Family created the Swiss National Circus.
This Engadine patrician house was built in 1647. According to legend, this building was in the past employed as a convent.
This cable car system comprising two separate sections reaches a total length of 4500 meters. The total difference in level is 1433 meters and provides summer access to the ski resorts on the ski resorts on the Corvatsch in Engadine.
Famous Olympic track in St. Moritz where, in addition to national and international championships in bobsleigh, skeleton and luge racing championships are held at a national and sometimes even international level.
The tower was constructed in 1139 and in two successive stages was raised to reach 25 meteres. The property situated on a slow moving ground has an inclination of 10 degrees to the vertical and has become the symbol of well known St. Moritz.
Since the mid 9th century a building has been present on this land. In the sixteenth century a royal resthouse was then constructed which has fortunately maintained its beauty until today.
The typical Grisons holiday house is a massive stone building with a large roof, small windows and a large entrance door as usually two families lived under one roof. The window frames, arches and corners of the doors of the building are decorated with so called “graffiti”, consisting of floral, geometric of heraldic ornamental shapes.…
The town hall in Schwyz presents various styles, dating back to different periods in Swiss history. Nevertheless, in this building all of these styles coexist side by side in a very harmonious way. The town hall was erected in the second half of the 17th century.