Trip by Rotair between Stand (2450 m) and Titlis (3020 m) on the world’s first rotating cable car. The cable car was opened in 1992 and during the five minute long journey over the imposing Titlis Glacier the cabin completes a total turn around on its own axis.
The Rega Air Rescue Unit of Erstfeld was built in 1991 near the A2 motorway. Before that the emergency teams used a small hangar. Every year professional pilots, rescue assistants and in-flight doctors complete about 650 rescue missions
Saas-Fee Church lays at the foot of the Mischabels massif about 1800m above sea level and is the starting point for many famous mountain excursions.
After the construction of the first part between Mannlichen and Wengen, the cable car from Grindelwald (Grund) to Mannlichen was opened on 23th December 1978. In just five minutes the cable car reaches the station of Mannlichen (2222 m) with a total climb of 930 meters. It is the longest cable car in the world…
The house in which the Russian General Suvorov stayed during his crossing of the Alps is now a museum that recounts his history.
Twice a year on 12 th -13 th March and 1 st -2 nd October in fine weather the sun’s rays pass through the 9m wide and 16m high fault in the Tschingerlhorner rocks lighting up the bell of Elm.
Stockalper Castle, which took its name from its conqueror Kaspar Stockalper, is the biggest castle in Switzerland which did not belong to the nobility. The castle was in fact built in the 17th century by a family of merchants.
These monuments are dedicated to the those who fell in the battle of 25th September 1799, in which the Russian Army of General Suvorov fought against Napoleon’s troops in the Schollenen River Gorge.
The impressive journey by the cable situated on the northern slopes of the St. Gotthard massif reaches Gemsstock above the Gurschen Glacier with a total difference in level of over 1500 meters.
This imposing castle was built by the Counts of Sargans in the 12th century. In 1483 the castle was sold to the founding cantons of the Swiss Confederation. In 1899 the Castle ownership returned to the Municipality of Sargans.
Originally built in 1872 as the international reform school “La Châtelaine”, it was later used from 1917 to 1918 as a shelter for young French and Belgian victims of the First World War. In 1924 it was converted into the renowned Geneva Carlton Hotel. In 1941 it was transformed by the Swiss Red Cross into…
This mountain chapel is the oldest building of the small farming village of Erosen. The chapel was built in 1492 in the center of Arosa and was dedicated to St. Barbara and St. Jodokus. Well know is also the chapel, built in 1750. The building still retains its original appearance. Since 1974 it has been…